brunner and suddarth Textbook Description:
Highly readable and rich with engaging case studies and learning tools, Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 14th Edition delivers the complete nursing foundation students need in a format designed for the way they like to learn.
This approachable text is accompanied by callouts, questions, and vignettes to help students explore essential patient care practices in real-world terms and gain a more practical understanding of how they’ll apply what they’ve learned in practice.
Trusted by instructors, students, and practicing nurses for more than 50 years, the 14th edition of this landmark resource has been comprehensively updated to reflect the latest research and practices and keep pace with the transition from critical care to home care, ethics, and genetics.
Complete integration with Lippincott CoursePoint allows you to easily map out your entire course, provide personalized student remediation, and simulate real-world nursing scenarios based directly on vignettes in the text, giving your students unparalleled preparation for success in the medical-surgical nursing workforce.
- New New chapter on assessment and management of patients with obesity including expanded content on gastric and duodenal disorders.
- New Interdisciplinary feature in every chapter. Nursing students should be educated in an environment that provides such interdisciplinary educational experiences based on mutual understanding and respect and designed to enhance the practice of each discipline.
- EXPANDED Immunodeficiency chapter includes updated HIV infection and AIDS content.
- UPDATED The following units have been revised Immunologic Function, Digestive and Gastrointestinal Function, and Metabolic and Endocrine Function.
- Concept Mastery Alerts clarify difficult concepts, informed by data from Misconception Alert questions in PrepU for Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 12e.
- Quality and Safety Nursing Alerts build upon previous edition’s Nursing Alerts to highlight issues related to quality and safety nursing care.
- UPDATED The unit openers include New Case Studies with QSEN Competency Focus to highlight a competency and related knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Additional information for these case studies related to NANDA-I, NIC, NOC and the nursing process is available online.
- Prioritization Questions have been added to the Critical Thinking Exercises .
- Genetics Charts and Ethical Dilemma Charts have been revised to reflect the latest advances in the field.
- Critical care information has been updated to further the authors’ goal to have the most up-to-date and clinically relevant content on critical care throughout the book.
- The Table of Contents has been reorganized for a more logical sequence and flow.
- Nursing Process sections, Plans of Nursing Care, and Critical Care sections
- More than 2,900 NCLEX-style review questions
- Assessment Charts, Risk Factor Charts, Guidelines Charts, Genetics in Nursing Practice Charts, Patient Education Charts, Health Promotion Charts, Ethics and Related Issues Charts, and Pharmacology Charts and tables.
- Gerontologic Considerations sections, Physiology/Pathophysiology figures, and updated Home Care Checklists
- Nursing Research Profiles and EBP questions help students learn the importance of
Table Of Contents:
- Unit 1 Basic Concepts in Nursing
- 1 Health Care Delivery and Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- 2 Community-Based Nursing Practice
- 3 Critical Thinking, Ethical Decision Making, and the Nursing Process
- 4 Health Education and Health Promotion
- 5 Adult Health and Nutritional Assessment
- Unit 2 Biophysical and Psychosocial Concepts in Nursing Practice
- 6 Individual and Family Homeostasis, Stress, and Adaptation
- 7 Overview of Transcultural Nursing
- 8 Overview of Genetics and Genomics in Nursing
- 9 Chronic Illness and Disability
- 10 Principles and Practices of Rehabilitation
- 11 Health Care of the Older Adult
- Unit 3 Concepts and Challenges in Patient Management
- 12 Pain Management
- 13 Fluid and Electrolytes: Balance and Disturbance
- 14 Shock and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
- 15 Oncology: Nursing Management in Cancer Care
- 16 End-of-Life Care
- Unit 4 Perioperative Concepts and Nursing Management
- 17 Preoperative Nursing Management
- 18 Intraoperative Nursing Management
- 19 Postoperative Nursing Management
- Unit 5 Gas Exchange and Respiratory Function
- 20 Assessment of Respiratory Function
- 21 Respiratory Care Modalities
- 22 Management of Patients With Upper Respiratory Tract Disorders
- 23 Management of Patients With Chest and Lower Respiratory Tract Disorders
- 24 Management of Patients With Chronic Pulmonary Disease
- Unit 6 Cardiovascular and Circulatory Function
- 25 Assessment of Cardiovascular Function
- 26 Management of Patients With Dysrhythmias and Conduction Problems
- 27 Management of Patients With Coronary Vascular Disorders
- 28 Management of Patients With Structural, Infectious, and Inflammatory Cardiac Disorders
- 29 Management of Patients With Complications From Heart Disease
- 30 Assessment and Management of Patients With Vascular Disorders and Problems of Peripheral Circulation
- 31 Assessment and Management of Patients With Hypertension
- Unit 7 Hematologic Function
- 32 Assessment of Hematologic Function and Treatment Modalities
- 33 Management of Patients With Nonmalignant Hematologic Disorders
- 34 Management of Patients with Hematologic Neoplasms
- Unit 8 Immunologic Function
- 35 Assessment of Immune Function
- 36 Management of Patients With Immunodeficiency Disorders
- 37 Assessment and Management of Patients With Allergic Disorders
- 38 Assessment and Management of Patients With Rheumatic Disorders
- Unit 9 Musculoskeletal Function
- 39 Assessment of Musculoskeletal Function
- 40 Musculoskeletal Care Modalities
- 41 Management of Patients With Musculoskeletal Disorders
- 42 Management of Patients With Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Unit 10 Digestive and Gastrointestinal Function
- 43 Assessment of Digestive and Gastrointestinal Function
- 44 Digestive and Gastrointestinal Treatment Modalities
- 45 Management of Patients With Oral and Esophageal Disorders
- 46 Management of Patients With Gastric and Duodenal Disorders
- 47 Management of Patients With Intestinal and Rectal Disorders
- Unit 11 Metabolic and Endocrine Function
- 48 Assessment and Management of Patients with Obesity
- 49 Assessment and Management of Patients With Hepatic Disorders
- 50 Assessment and Management of Patients With Biliary Disorders
- 51 Assessment and Management of Patients With Diabetes
- 52 Assessment and Management of Patients With Endocrine Disorders
- Unit 12 Urinary Tract Function
- 53 Assessment of Renal and Urinary Tract Function
- 54 Management of Patients With Kidney Disorders
- 55 Management of Patients With Urinary Disorders
- Unit 13 Reproductive Function
- 56 Assessment and Management of Female Physiologic Processes
- 57 Management of Patients With Female Reproductive Disorders
- 58 Assessment and Management of Patients With Breast Disorders
- 59 Assessment and Management of Problems Related to Male Reproductive Processes
- Unit 14 Integumentary Function
- 60 Assessment of Integumentary Function
- 61 Management of Patients With Dermatologic Problems
- 62 Management of Patients With Burn Injury
- Unit 15 Sensory Function
- 63 Assessment and Management of Patients With Eye and Vision Disorders
- 64 Assessment and Management of Patients With Hearing and Balance Disorders
- Unit 16 Neurologic Function
- 65 Assessment of Neurologic Function
- 66 Management of Patients With Neurologic Dysfunction
- 67 Management of Patients With Cerebrovascular Disorders
- 68 Management of Patients With Neurologic Trauma
- 69 Management of Patients With Neurologic Infections, Autoimmune Disorders, and Neuropathies
- 70 Management of Patients With Oncologic or Degenerative Neurologic Disorders
- Unit 17 Acute Community Based Challenges
- 71 Management of Patients With Infectious Diseases
- 72 Emergency Nursing
- 73 Terrorism, Mass Casualty, and Disaster Nursing
- Appendix A: Diagnostic Studies and Interpretation–Available on thePoint
You might also be interested in: Study Guide – Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, Single Volume 11th Edition – PDF – [Free Download]
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.
Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/book, please contact us. immediately.
All books/videos on this wesite are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] for all DMCA / removall requests.