Physical Examination and Health Assessment Description:
With an easy-to-follow approach and unmatched learning support, Jarvis’s Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 8th Edition is the most authoritative, complete, and easily implemented solution for health assessment in nursing. This tightly integrated learning package continues to center on Carolyn Jarvis’s trademark clear, logical, and holistic approach to physical examination and health assessment across the patient lifespan. It’s packed with vivid illustrations, step-by-step guidance, and evidence-based content to provide a complete approach to health assessment skills and physical examination. With a fresh focus on today’s need-to-know information, the 8th edition integrates QSEN and interprofessional collaboration, features enhanced inclusion of LGBTQ considerations, includes a new standalone Vital Signs chapter, and provides enhanced EHR and documentation content.
Physical Examination and Health Assessment Ebook User Reviews:
“So helpful! So many of these questions showed up on my exams!”
“This helped me a lot in nursing school.”
“So my program required jt and personally loved that they did because it did help in getting questions and making sure we knew the material”
- The most trusted name in health assessment for nurses, now in its 8th edition!
- A clear, conversational, step-by-step, evidence-based approach to physical examination and health assessment of patients throughout the lifespan.
- A consistent format from chapter to chapter features sections on Structure and Function, Subjective Data, Objective Data, Documentation and Critical Thinking, and Abnormal Findings to help you learn to assess systematically.
- UPDATED! An unsurpassed collection of more than 1,100 full-color illustrations has been updated to vividly showcase anatomy and physiology, examination techniques, and abnormal findings.
- Enhanced content on the electronic health record, charting, and narrative recording exemplify how to document assessment findings using state-of-the-art systems with time-tested thoroughness.
- Engaging learning resources include assessment video clips; NCLEX® Exam review questions; case studies with critical thinking activities; audio clips of heart, lung, and abdominal sounds; assessment checklists, and much more.
- Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle boxes present opportunities for patient teaching and health promotion while performing the health assessment.
- Developmental Competence sections highlight content specific to infants, children, adolescents, pregnant women, and older adults.
- Culture and Genetics sections include information on biocultural and transcultural variations in an increasingly diverse patient population.
- NEW! Standalone Vital Signs chapter and refocused nutrition content include an expanded emphasis on the national epidemic of obesity.
- NEW! Enhanced integration of QSEN and interprofessional collaboration emphasize how to ensure patient safety during the physical exam and how to collaborate with other health professionals to promote optimal health.
- NEW! Enhanced inclusion of LGBTQ issues and revamped and refocused Cultural Assessment chapter equip you with the skills to practice with greater sensitivity and inclusivity.
- NEW! Health Promotion and Patient Teaching sections underscore the unique role of nurses (especially advanced practice nurses) in health promotion.
Table of Contents:
- Evidence-Based Assessment
- Cultural Assessment
- The Interview
- The Complete Health History
- Mental Status Assessment
- Substance Use Assessment
- Domestic and Family Violence Assessment
- Assessment Techniques and Safety in the Clinical Setting
- General Survey and Measurement
- Vital Signs
- Pain Assessment
- Nutrition Assessment
- Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Head, Face, Neck, and Regional Lymphatics
- Nose, Mouth, and Throat
- Breasts, Axillae, and Regional Lymphatics
- Thorax and Lungs
- Heart and Neck Vessels
- Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Neurologic System
- Male Genitourinary System
- Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
- Female Genitourinary System
- The Complete Health Assessment: Adult
- The Complete Physical Assessment: Infant, Young Child, and Adolescent
- Bedside Assessment and Electronic Documentation
- The Pregnant Woman
- Functional Assessment of the Older Adult
You might also be interested in: Med-Surg Success 3rd Edition Q&A Course Review-NCLEX Exam Prep PDF [Free Download]
Use the direct link mentioned below to download Physical Examination and Health Assessment – Free Download [Direct Link] for FREE now:
Kindly support us by sharing this post with your friends.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.
Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/book, please contact us. immediately.
All books/videos on this wesite are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] for all DMCA / removall requests.